Optimizer PCR Workstation 48" wide, CE, Dual UV light. SPECIAL PROMOTION! Save over $200.00! Includes 2 FREE replacement UV light bulbs.
Catalog #: P-048-202-XL, P-048-202-SS-XL
* denotes required field
Which working surface would you prefer?*
Optimizer PCR Workstation CE. Dual UV light and double door closure. Dimensions are 24"(h) x 24" (d) x 48"(w). Protects against contamination in sensitive PCR amplification reactions. Includes stainless steel (cat. # P-048-202-SS-XL) or black formica (cat. # P-048-202-XL) working surface, hinged tempered glass face shield, 2 fluorescent lights, 4 UV lights, integral 12 hour timer, 110V duplex outlet. This promotion ends 12/31/17.
Additional crate charge of $165.00 will be added to invoice. NOTE: Web freight charges shown at checkout are an estimate only and varies depending on zipcode location.
PCR Workstation - P-048-202
The PCR Workstation is designed to protect against contamination in sensitive PCR amplification reactions in the following ways:
1) UV irradiation of working area prior to use blocks replication of contaminating DNA sequences by causing adjacent pyrimidines to undergo dimerization.
2) Protects against cross or airborne contamination by limiting exposure of experimental set-up to open lab environment.
Each PCR Workstation is equipped with the following:
- Acid-resistant black formica work surface
- Tempered safety glass fascia
- Duplex electrical outlet mounted in ceiling
- Two fluorescent lamps mounted in stainless steel ceiling
- Single UV Germicidallamp with 12 hour countdown timer with time-hold position
- Single or double door closures
Optional features available:
- Dual UV Bulb Option: Dual UV Bulbs deliver twice the intensity of UV light than that of the single and will help irradiate areas that might otherwise be inaccessible. The Dual UV bulb format is recommended when the researcher desires to use the Workstation to decontaminate apparatus and reagents
- Accessory table and accessory locking casters transform the PCR Workstation into a moveable work area that doesnt infringe on valuable bench-top space
- Available in three sizes. Plenty of interior workspace for PCR reaction supplies and thermal cycler
- Access doors close to prevent contamination, then slide into storage compartment in base during experimental procedures
- Stainless steel ceiling increases UV dose at Workstation surface
- Hinged glass fascia allows easy access to interior workspace for cleaning and placement of large instruments
- Dual fluorescent lamps assure excellent work space visibility
- 254nm UV lamp with convenient switch for timed decontamination of workspace
- A stainless steel ceiling is used for greater UV reflection, resulting in a 10% increase in UV dose in PCR Workstations with a single UV bulb and a 20% increase with a dual UV bulb
Hide Long Description
- Door closure(s) close to prevent contamination, and can be conveniently stowed away during experimental procedures by sliding into storage compartment(s) in the base of the PCR Workstation.
- Hinged glass fascia can be easily lifted out of the way for placement and removal of a thermal cycler (or other large equipment).
- Dual fluorescent lamps provide work surface with excellent visibility.
- Table (shown above) can be ordered so that the PCR Workstation doesnt infringe on valuable bench-top space.
- Accessory locking casters for the table are also available, transforming the workstation into a moveable work area.